Hotel Zed is now open!
Aug 9, 2016 at 04:50 pm
Hotel Zed brings roller skates, a ’61 Greenbrier van, and Ping-Pong to Kelowna
New 55-room property officially opens for business. Summer rates start at $199 Cdn.
The new and completely transformed, 55-room Hotel Zed Kelowna is now open for business.
Hotel Zed Kelowna is located next to City Park and Lake Okanagan in the heart of the city’s downtown and the gateway to the heart of the province’s wine country. Like the Victoria location, Hotel Zed Kelowna also has an outdoor pool and hot tub, a Ping-Pong lounge, Wii station, and free bikes (even one tandem!)
“Most hotels take the fun out of functional,” says Mandy Farmer, president of Hotel Zed. “We’ve got all the things you need in a hotel, but we also have comic books, roller skate rentals, a Ping-Pong table, and typewriters.”
The Kelowna property also features amenities unique to its Okanagan location including free roller-skates, a mini disco complete with fog machine and strobe lights, a rooftop patio with fire pit, two additional patios with pool and lake views, and three public balconies with unique seating options. For anyone looking to hop on the hotel shuttle, Hotel Zed Kelowna has a funky ’61 Chevrolet Greenbrier passenger van – think “Scooby Doo” and you’re right on the mark.
Guests may choose from 13 different trendy room types, including:
- Bachelor Pads: The bachelor (or bachelorette) pad is perfect for those on a budget with everything you need in a compact space, this room has a queen bed and sleeps two.
- King for a Night: The superb room for people that like to spread out, this room has a king bed and sleeps two.
- Queen for a Night: Just the right size for one person to spread out or two people to get cozy, this room has a queen bed and sleeps two.
- Zed 2 Bed: This is the ideal room for families (or when you just don’t want to share) with a queen bed and double bed it sleeps up to four.
- Zed 2 Bed Kitchenette: This room has two queen beds with a separate kitchenette and eating area and sleeps up to four.
- King of Bunks: Another room that is perfect for families, this room has a king bed and two twin bunk beds and sleeps up to four.
- The Sixer: Perfect for a big family or a girl’s getaway weekend, this room sleeps up to six on one queen bed, one double sofa-bed, and two twin bunks.
- Kitchy King: Perfect for a couple’s getaway, this room has a king bed plus a kitchenette and sleeps two.
- The Rad Pad: Everything your first apartment had, this room has a king bed, a double sofa-bed, a kitchenette and a sitting area and sleeps two.
- Queen View Kitchenette: Where the Queen can enjoy the view she deserves, this room sleeps two and has a queen bed, kitchenette and view of the lake.
- Sweet Suite: Complete comfort with a view, this room sleeps up to four with a king bed, a double sofa-bed, a kitchenette and sitting area, and a view of the lake.
- The Sweetest Suite: The king of them all with a view and privacy, this room has a separate bedroom with a king bed, and a main sitting area with a sofa-bed and a full kitchen.
- Two Queens with a View: This room is perfect for sharing the special view with friends, it has two queen beds and a lake view, and sleeps up to four.
For more information, visit http://www.hotelzed.com/where-s-zed/kelowna-bc/. Rates start at $199 Cdn and may be booked through the online reservation system or by phone at 1-855-763-7771.
About Hotel Zed Kelowna
Like its slightly older sibling in Victoria, the Hotel Zed Kelowna is a ridiculously fun and eclectic newly renovated hotel. The property is situated in the beautiful wine country setting of Kelowna, BC, Canada that is so awesome your mind will be blown. Featuring bold colours, retro-style and modern technology, plus, typewriters, record players, comic books, a Ping-Pong lounge, a mini disco and the coolest ’61 Chevrolet Greenbrier shuttle bus. The laid-back lobby and patios with beautiful views let you make friends with others or your own inner Zed. The Hotel Zed: rebels against the ordinary! Doors will open in July 2016 by Mandy Farmer, one of Profit’s Top100 Canadian Women Entrepreneurs, aka President/CEO of Accent Inns.
Brian Cant, Tartan Group: 250-592-3838 or 250-888-8729 (cell) or [email protected]
John Espley, Accent Inns & Hotel Zed: 250-213-9605 or [email protected]