Zed's Weed Walk of Kelowna: The HIGH-lights!
Oct 17, 2018 at 11:21 am
Now that the smoke has cleared around legalization, we figured no time like the present to put together a few suggestions for a laid back weed walk. On this walk (or short drive as it were) you’ll discover a few local dispensaries, great places to cure a bad case of the munchies and perfect spots to press the chill button.
Don’t forget to mosey up to the hotel’s front desk and ask for your FREE Zed Hotel “High Five” commemorative pin. (Psst. Staying in Victoria? Check out that guide here)
Our one and only dispensary #sigh
Trichome Valley RX - no website for these guys, they are old school.
You’ll find them at 2009-E Enterprise Way and their phone number is 778.940.0541
Top 10 “to-dos” on the Weed Walk
Chill and stock up. Grab a hot beverage at Kelowna’s own DOJA Culture Café, for organic coffee, fresh eats, local apparel, and top-of-the-line paraphernalia. If you’re looking for a wider selection, Hemp City or Smokanagan both are local favourite for everything weed related (note, these are not dispensaries).
- Stroll through Kelowna’s City Park just across the street, with its sandy beaches, tennis courts, skateboard park, running track, lawn bowling, playgrounds, sports fields and a biking and pedestrian path along the lake.
- Read. Stop in at Mosaic Books, the Okanagan’s largest independent bookstore for titles like “The Little Book of Cannabis” or “The Cannabis Business Start-up Guide.”
- Munchies time? Stop in at Parlour for home-made ice cream made with local ingredients or if you’re feeling like something savoury, stop by DunnEnzies for delicious, retro-style pizza.
- Get cultured. Downtown Kelowna is riddled with wineries, breweries and distilleries. Try Tree Brewing, Vice & Virtue Brewing, Sandhill Winery, or Urban Distillery + Winery.
- Meander. Unwind by taking a step away from the hustle and bustle of downtown at Kasugai Garden Park. Hidden just behind City Hall, these Japanese gardens will have you finding your inner zen.
- Feast your eyes. Explore new concepts in art at the Kelowna Art Gallery.
- Still hungry? Try Wasabi Izakaya for life-changing ramen (seriously, you have never had better ramen) or for the best burger in town, try Central Kitchen & Bar.
- Drink. Want to up your Instagram game? Visit Ricco Bambino for amazing wine, cocktails and the prettiest backdrops you ever did see.
- Out on the town. When was the last time you went to a bar with a bowling alley and bocce courts? BNA Brewing not only brews its own beer but has a fun atmosphere. Get there early, as the bowling alleys fill up fast!
Or, go nowhere at all.
How about stay in and enjoy everything Hotel Zed has on offer:
Netflix and Chill with our FREE Wi-Fi
Take a board game to your room
Test your reflexes in our Ping Pong lounge or our Wii Station
Get your random thoughts down on paper at a typewriter station
Groove out to some vinyl
Call out for pizza on our retro rotary phones
Get lost in a comic book
When you’re ready re-engage with free coffee in the lobby
Lost? We get it, call us. 250.388.4345.