5 things to do this Spring Break in Victoria and Kelowna
The sun is out longer and the flowers are blooming so you know what that means– it’s spring break time! In March, the time changes and so does our checkout time on Sunday nights with our special offer. To celebrate both the flowers and some quality family time, use the promo code DAYLIGHT when you book direct and receive a 6:00 pm checkout on Sunday nights while supplies last.
Looking for more than a late checkout? Kelowna spring break activities and Victoria spring break activities are giving plenty of reasons to rebel against the ordinary with the family, or anytime in March. So why not get out of town and stay with us in Kelowna or Victoria this year? Let’s have a look!
SPRING BREAK IN VICTORIA
- Go hot tub boating in Victoria’s inner harbour Yes, you read that right! Canada’s first hot tub boat rentals are now open in Victoria and up for rent. Equipped with an onboard stove heated by briquettes, Bluetooth speakers, drybags, and a clean boat with new water for each rental, this is Victoria’s ‘hottest’ new attraction. One of many water activities in Victoria to choose from, Hot Tub Boat Canada is good for those ages 12 years and up.
- Quazar’s Arcade Find the largest selection of pinball machines in Canada and a rotating selection of 40 arcades here! Ask the front desk for your 10 free game tokens to play at the all-ages classic video game arcade in downtown Victoria.
- Capital City Comic Con March 20-22 This all-ages event celebrates comics, comic books, and comic-related movies and is one of many great Victoria kids’ activities happening during spring break. Let your inner geek out at the Victoria Conference Centre & Crystal Garden!
- Beach, bike, and fish & chips The weather’s great, flowers are blooming, and it’s the perfect time to take advantage of Hotel Zed’s free bike rentals. Enjoy views of downtown, the inner harbour, and stop by Haultain Fish & Chips on your way to Willows Beach for some sun, sand, and delicious food on the beach.
- Whale watching with Prince of Whales It’s a classic but there’s a reason for that. Whale watching in March is a great time to get on the water before the summer crowds do and another one of many great Victoria kids’ activities. The waters surrounding southern Vancouver Island are becoming active with spring migrations providing a chance to see three or more species of resident and migrating whales.
SPRING BREAK IN KELOWNA
- Skate Jam Tuesdays These weekly skateboarding events are good for the whole family and one of many Kelowna kids’ activities that will be happening throughout March and Kelowna spring break 2020.
- Myra Canyon & the Kettle Valley Rail Rail At this time of year, a scenic walk through the impressive landmark and former railway takes you across trestle bridges with stunning views of the valley bottoms below. This is a free activity in Kelowna that is great for the whole family and ideal for Kelowna spring break 2020 before the summer crowds flock to the popular trails.
- Bikes, bowling, and brews One of many active Kelowna family activities is biking in and around Kelowna on Hotel Zed’s free bike rentals. After taking in the city, lake, and mountain views, grab some bites and go bowling at BNA Brewing. BNA has a kids menu and minors are allowed in until 10:00 pm.
- Games, golf, and go-carts Voted best place for family fun in the Okanagan, Scandia Golf & Games has outdoor mini-golf, indoor jungle golf, go-carts, batting cages, an arcade and much more!
- Knox Mountain Choose between the Apex Trail or Paul’s Tomb for great views of the city and lake.
Feeling inspired? Book now by clicking that orange “Book now” button at the top of the page. And don’t forget to use promo code DAYLIGHT to make your weekends last longer (6pm checkout on Sundays!) during March!